Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine Lollipops


Are not these just the cutest lollipops! I saw them in a Family Fun magazine. Great way to use up those leftover candy canes from Christmas too.

I didn't have the white Choc. chips so we used brown. You take 12 sm. candy canes and arrange them in the shape of a heart on parchment paper. Bake them in the oven on 235 degrees for 10 minutes. Pull out the soft candy canes and lay a paper lollipop stick inside and pinch the bottoms around it. Now take 1/2 cup of white choc. chips, or even brown, or red ones, and melt in a bowl with 1 and a half teaspoons of oil. I just used reg. oil but I think I'll use coconut oil next time, it just sounds tastier. Melt them in the microwave in 10 second intervals stirring between. Then spoon into heart shaped candy canes and sprinkle with colored sprinkles. Let cool and enjoy. I put mine in the freezer and they were ready in probably 15-20 min. Yummy yum yum!! And so super easy. I'm thinking about making some HUGE ones for Valentines Day for the kiddo's from my leftover Christmas tree candy canes. I even have a few choc. mint candy canes, and cherry ones.. hum.... that sounds delicious. Enjoy and have a Happy Valentines day with your loved ones.







3 comments:

Wendy said...

Bridgitt, you are so fun!!! This is such a fantastic and relatively easy idea. Can't wait to try it.
Hope we can get together soon. :)

Katie said...

Thanks for posting about this on Montessori By Hand! I just signed up to follow your blog. I have two little girls that I have been trying to use Montessori ideas with, but the training would be SO helpful!

lilraspysmom said...

What a great idea!! I love it!!!