Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hand Sewing



Hand Sewing

My 5 yr old decided she needed a squirrel to climb the trees with her in the backyard today. So, she decided to make one. We dug out our handy sewing book for children, located the animal patterns and luckily had some felt on hand to work with. :) I cut it out for her since our scissors aren't the best for cutting felt, and she sewed it together with a large needle and embroidery thread, Then she stuffed it and drew on the smile, and named her "Nutty" Then I attached button eyes and a cute little pocket to hold a "nut" for the squirrel. We just happened to have some buttons that looked just like a walnut, and worked perfectly for this project. :)







Then I felt sorry for my 2yr old who can't make her own lovies yet, so I made her Ellie the elephant. :) So fun! :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

awwwwww!!! You did post the pictures!
These are so cute!
Bring them tomorrow, so I can see?
You are full of good ideas!